The Camden County Suicide Prevention Task Force consist of representatives from Camden County Mental Health and Substance Abuse Agencies, Human Service Agencies, the Department of Health, Hospitals, Schools, Faith Based Organizations and Law Enforcement. The mission is to prevent suicide through public education and awareness, community action planning, and implementing effective suicide prevention, intervention and post vention strategies. The goals of the Task Force are to
1) promote public awareness that suicide is a public health problem that is preventable;
2) develop and implement strategies to reduce the stigma associated with needing and receiving mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention services;
3) promote effective critical and professional practices;
4) identify and coordinate resources;
5) implement effective suicide prevention, intervention and postvention strategies throughout the community; and
6) implement educational workshops in the community and schools on suicide prevention, intervention and postvention.
Meetings are convened at CPAC in Conference Rooms A & B, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm as follows HERE